bag 'n hand food pantry
"For I was hungry and you gave me food"
‘n Hand Food Pantry, located at St. John's United Methodist church, is the largest food pantry in northern New Mexico. We are a partner agency of The Food Depot of Santa Fe, and an outreach ministry of St. John’s United Methodist Church.
Our mission is to regularly provide fresh produce and packaged food in a friendly and caring environment to hungry people in the Santa Fe community.
Who do we serve?
We distribute much needed groceries every week to over 200 households. Some are single elderly or disabled on a fixed income, while others are large families living on the edge of poverty. One third of all persons served are children age 17 and younger. For fifty percent of those households receiving food, it is a one or two time "emergency" event.
How do we distribute the food?
- We distribute food at St. John's each Tuesday and Thursday from 10am -12
noon (except holidays) to residents of Santa Fe County.
- A family may come once per week.
- New clients must complete a one-page registration form in compliance with governmental regulations.
Where do we get the food?
- Commodities and purchased foods: The Food Depot
- Food donations: Community
- Local grocery stores and food vendors: Funded by financial donations by the St. John's congregation, the Santa Fe faith community, and the community at large.
- Financial donations: We need to purchase $2500 of food each month for distribution, in addition to food donations and food from the Food Depot. Please make your check out to St. John's United Methodist Church, and write Food Pantry in the memo line. Or make your gift online at St. John's secure Giving page.
- Food donations: Suggested donations are canned meats, 15 oz. cans of vegetables or fruits, and bags of pasta or rice.
- Volunteer: We love new volunteers! Contact us by calling St. John's at 505-982-5397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement